Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Hallelujah! – Psalm 150:6
A church interested in zero waste…
- Trusts in God.
- Sees God in the beauty of creation.
- Prays without ceasing and listens for the Holy Spirit.
- Loves their neighbors, even those on the other side of the world.
- Isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get dirty – serving others, planting seeds, composting, tending the garden…
- Is curious how the world works in harmony with God, and how they can be a part of that.
- Seeks repentance for the harms done to creation and to their neighbors.
- Seeks to understand their actions may help or harm creation and their neighbors.
- Recognizes that creation is a gift from God and offers frequent thanksgiving for this gift.
- Seeks to be mindful of their trash and waste, and where it goes.
- Is willing to give up convenience for caring for creation and neighbors.
- Enjoys and protects nature.
- Desires the kingdom of God.
- Embraces faith and science.
- Believes the parable of the mustard seed, that small acts of faith can have big impact.
- Desires healing and wholeness for individual souls, families, local communities, and the world.